Newbie Question(s)

Fri 8. Mar 2019, 16:43

Sorry if I'm overlooking something obvious here but I haven't been able to find an answer to this question.

When I'm creating new Features and Templates, is it possible to have certain fields in them be conditional based on other fields inside the Feature/Template? For example if I have a boolean field "Has Portrait" is it possible to have a custom image slot field that will only display if the "Has Portrait" field is true? Or for an item template, a "Stackable" boolean that opens up a "Max Stack Quantity" if it is checked?

Also (kind of / maybe not) related, is there a way to use inheritance with templates? Have a base Item template which I extend with an Armor template and a Weapon template, or do I just need to build these up with features instead?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide!
Tonyb983

Re: Newbie Question(s)

Mon 11. Mar 2019, 10:49

Hi Tonyb983,

When I'm creating new Features and Templates, is it possible to have certain fields in them be conditional based on other fields inside the Feature/Template? For example if I have a boolean field "Has Portrait" is it possible to have a custom image slot field that will only display if the "Has Portrait" field is true? Or for an item template, a "Stackable" boolean that opens up a "Max Stack Quantity" if it is checked?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have conditional fields in features. It’s a good idea and we have it on our list, but at the moment it's too time-consuming to implement this.

Also (kind of / maybe not) related, is there a way to use inheritance with templates? Have a base Item template which I extend with an Armor template and a Weapon template, or do I just need to build these up with features instead?

You’re right, for such cases features are meant for.

Best regards,

Christian
[Articy] Christian Schildt
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Return to General Discussion