Opening projects in the project selectorOpening a project in the project selector is as easy as double-clicking the project icon.
You can also use a project's context menu and click "Open project" there
Opening projects exclusivelyClick here to learn more about the exclusive mode and how to get there.
Opening projects from file SINGLE-USER
You may get project files that were created outside your personal articy:draft environment and need to open them. Projects that are unknown to articy:draft won't appear in the project selector until you've opened them from file for the first time. Click the "Open from file" button 1 and select a project file (ProjectInfo.aph) to load it into articy:draft.
Importing projects MULTI-USERIn multi-user environments, you may want to import single-user projects to migrate them onto the server. For example, if you have created a single-user project as a freelancer and pitched it to a studio, they need to transfer your project into their articy:draft network environment. After you have connected to a server and logged in, click the "Import project" button below the project selector.
The "Import project" assistant is very similar to the "Create project" assistant. The available options are the same as during project creation. Please read the page about the Project creation assistant to learn more.
Importing multi-user projects from another serverSometimes you might want to transfer an articy:draft project hosted on one articy:server to another articy:server. In order to achieve this:
- Connect to the "old" server using articy:draft
- (Unless already done) open the to-be-transfered project at least once to make articy:draft copy all project data into your local project folder.
- Connect to the "new" server and go to the project selector
- Click on "Import project" and choose the local project folder that was created when opening the project from the "old" server
- Choose a new project folder location to avoid mixing the project copy and the original project.
- When asked, specify a new repository location for the project copy. Eventually you want to choose another repository server or even change the type of project storage.
Please be aware of the fact, that the users themselves cannot be transferred because the target server most certainly will have a differing user base. Therefore the imported project will have exactly one user: The person that performed the import process and now is the sole project administrator.