Freezing and grouping flow fragments

Tue 18. Mar 2014, 15:35

While it is great that you can move your fragments around in the flow editor, at times I've found that once I've set a certain area up I don't want them to move again. In this instance having a "freeze position" would be handy, that way I won't accidentally move it out of position or when there are several fragments around it and I want to select them all and move them, having it frozen will mean that it can't be selected so I can drag a box to select everything in the area then have all fragments selected except those frozen in place.

Another option is to have grouping. Once fragments are grouped then moving just one of the fragments will move all of the others as well, also freezing will be able to free the entire group or just the fragment itself. Options would be something like shown (right click):

• Lock/Freeze fragment in place
  • Unlock/Unfreeze fragment in place
  • Lock/Freeze group in place (shown only when in a group)
  • Unlock/Unfreeze group in place (shown only when in a group)
  • Group fragments
  • Ungroup fragments

If a group is created and the designer wishes to move the fragment within the group without affected the others then holding CTRL or ALT will allow for the fragment to be temporarily unfrozen and can be moved within the group.
Varsh

Re: Freezing and grouping flow fragments

Mon 21. Apr 2014, 13:53

Hi Varsh,

Indeed, this sounds very useful and we've heard this request a couple of times recently. Thank you, I've put feature requests for locking and grouping in our backlog.

Cheers,
-Kai
Kai Rosenkranz
CEO | Nevigo | LinkedIn | Facebook | Xing | Google+ | MobyGames
Kai Rosenkranz
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions