Xsd schema of the new version 2.4 and a few tips.

Tue 10. Feb 2015, 10:56

Hi, I'm currently use Articy Draft and Unity and I found some little problems that can may be easily resolved by you.

A easy option to download the most recent schema is helpfull too, the one listed in the Nevigo Help Center in the Export to .XML section is outdated (it is from Articy Draft 2.0 not the actualy schema from 2.2).
Actualy we need to google it or search in the Articy Draft Steam discurssions to find it. Please update the link or provide a section to help us. (I already know that in the Articy Draft support folder of the aplication is the current version. But not in all times we are working on a workstation with Articy Draft installed.)

Maybe I asking too much but a list of changes between the diferent schema version will be very helpfull to the people who use custom parsers.
Something easy like:

Added new Field XXX in EntityType due to XXX new functionality.
Remove Field XXX in due to XXX internal value is now deprecated, removed or useless for imported data.
Change XXX name of type to XXX for X reason.

A few lines, and we can update our parsers quickly without the need of compare and search for every change in the schemas manualy.
A simple Rename Refactoring in your schema can be a pain in the ass for us.

Thanks.
Eiloreen

Re: Xsd schema of the new version 2.4 and a few tips.

Tue 10. Feb 2015, 16:42

Hi Eiloreen,

thanks for posting here and mentioning the outdated link in the help center.

You can get the most current schema file either by picking it up from the "support" folder of your articy:draft 2 installation, or using the schemas targetNamespace URL.
Since 2.3 has not changed any objects the schema for 2.2 is still current and can be found here:

http://www.nevigo.com/schemas/articydraft/2.2/XmlContentExport_FullProject.xsd

nevertheless the 2.3 folder contains a copy of the 2.2 version.

Asking for a change log is surely not too much. The schema for the 2.4 already has it.

The unfinished log already contains:
Code: Select all

Changes for version 2.4:
   - ADDED: new top-level Tag "Settings" that expose the settings used when exporting
   - ADDED: new Content-Level Tag with "ProjectSettings" from the articy:draft project
   - ADDED: LocationSettingsType and related enum types to location objects
   - CHANGED: Links/Spots/Zones were changed to
     * export local & world coordinates
     * add transformation information (rotation, axis, pivot and complete matrix)
     * added style properties like fill, outline & other display options
     * coordinates were removed from opening tag and moved in separate Position & Size tags
   - REMOVED: "BackgroundImage", "BackgroundWidth", "BackgroundHeight" properties from "LocationType" since background images are now converted to LocationImages using their own type
   - ADDED: Flow elements now also export their position and sizes
   - ADDED: LocationImageType for image objects of locations
   - ADDED: LocationTextType for text objects in locations
   - CHANGED: The ZIndex attribute was removed from the main object tags and moved into an own Tag "ZIndex" within

I hope that helps
-Peter
[Articy] Peter Sabath
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Re: Xsd schema of the new version 2.4 and a few tips.

Tue 10. Feb 2015, 17:40

Thanks, if the changelog reflects the changes made in the Schema, then i can continue to breathe.

Yeah I have already found that link to the .xsd. But a few days ago, when I need it and don't have access to a machine with the articy draft installed to catch the file. Check the web and find the links outdated was a bit problematic. I only said that to inform about the outdated links, now I always have a copy of the xsd in my google drive ;) .
Eiloreen

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions