Description Node within Dialogue

Wed 6. May 2015, 21:49

I'm starting to explore writing dialogue in Articy Draft, and I'm noticing, coming from screenplay formatting, that there is nothing inside of a dialogue node that is equivalent to a description box. I created a dialogue node and am now inside it messing with dialogue fragments and such, and I am wondering how I would have description text between pieces of dialogue, or even attached to a piece of dialogue. The reason I am posting this topic in this forum is because I don't know if there is even a way to do it, and if there isn't, I'd like to request it added into a future version.

The node itself wouldn't need to be complex at all. In fact it should probably just be a large text box with a reference strip and maybe a preview image.

Thanks for reading!!
fragfest

Re: Description Node within Dialogue

Thu 7. May 2015, 06:44

Hey Fragfest!

Ah, yes... this is also a thing we want to implement :) It just need some time for this. For now I have ramshackled a kind of workaround.... I hope this helps a bit at least.
You're able to write two different kinds of "description boxes":

Doubleclick a connection to create a label on it. (You can find this label in the exported XML file and the Journeys) The thing is, you cannot create a hyperlink to another object within articy:draft.
Or (if this visualized version is fair enough for you) you can simply create an annotation. Within THIS annotation you can create hyperlinks (eg. to important assets and elements for your specific dialogue). But (and here's the catch) You cannot export them...

We found out, that it would be very comfortable to have something in the dialogues that provides the user with more detailed information about it - so yes, it's on our list ;)
Attachments
BatmanDialogue.jpg
BatmanDialogue.jpg (368.38 KiB) Viewed 15251 times
[Articy] Martin Gebske

Fri 8. May 2015, 01:01

Ok I think this should work for now I suppose; creative use of annotations...definitely looking forward to seeing it as a feature in the (hopefully near) future!
fragfest

Tue 12. Jul 2016, 06:29

I spent a couple of days off and on hoping I'd stumble upon this feature hidden in Articy:Draft's arcane buttons and menus but having found nothing I came to scour the forums. How has this not implemented yet? It's a basic text box. :cry:

[Nevigo] Martin Gebske wrote:
We found out that it would be very comfortable to have something in the dialogues that provides the user with more detailed information about it - so yes, it's on our list ;)

That was a year ago. Take it off your list please finally! Implement this today!

Also, I submitted a feature request before I found FragFest's post. Here's the link:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18046
fictional_account

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions