Journey Navigation Go Into Node Option

Wed 6. May 2015, 22:00

I'll start this one with an example, since it's a bit more difficult to explain. When I say "node" btw, I mean a flow element, like a Flow Fragment or Dialogue Node.

I have a "mission" which is a collection of flow fragments that go from the beginning to the end of that mission, describing each of the plot-points within the mission. In this mission, there are a few dialogues as well. When I do a journey from the beginning of this mission, it will go from flow fragment to flow fragment (including the dialogues), but there is no way for me to submerge into the Dialogues or Flow Fragments along the way. Since my missions are in this nested structure (which makes the most sense for designing linear missions), I can't effectively play-test my narrative, because it skips over all the nodes that are inside of the main mission nodes. This is further exacerbated when each of the missions are themselves nested into a node for the game they are contained it; I want to play-test my whole game in one journey, but I can't because of this issue.

Basically, if you are in presentation mode/journey mode, and you are on a node with child elements, the journey should default to (or at least have the option to) submerge into that node before moving on to the next node. As it stands now, this sort of behavior only defaults when going up to the next parent node, but it needs to also work the other way.

I'm not sure if I explained it well, or it I am just missing something really simple to get it to work properly, but I hope this made sense. Thanks for reading!!
fragfest

Re: Journey Navigation Go Into Node Option

Thu 7. May 2015, 06:58

Hey Fragfest!

Well, this sounds, like you haven't drawn a connection between the Input-Pin of your Dialogue / FlowFragment to the first node WITHIN this Dialogue / FlowFragment. All elements need to be connected. With a connection from the (inside) Input Pin to your first Dialogue Fragment, articy realizes, that there's a deeper nested section. And don't forget the "out-leading" connection to return to your parent object.
Attachments
Dialougue.jpg
Dialougue.jpg (654.21 KiB) Viewed 13027 times
[Articy] Martin Gebske

Re: Journey Navigation Go Into Node Option

Fri 8. May 2015, 01:09

That worked just fine. I was trying to start from my first node which I didn't have an input pin for (since nothing is input; it's the start). Anyways, I put one in there, and I'll just throw a "start node" in front of the highest level.

Thanks!
fragfest

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions