Autosaving and backup

Mon 4. Mar 2013, 06:55

About a 5 minutes ago I lost my progress for 2 hours (well all except assets) because articy hangs on language switch with textbox active and now really I must ask...

Have you consider this lifesaver feature? Sorry if it was already implemented, but I can't find anything similar.
Olloff

Re: Autosaving and backup

Mon 4. Mar 2013, 22:06

Oh, I'm very sorry to hear that! The autosave is on our roadmap, so we'll have it done in one of the upcoming updates.

In fact, with the current way we store projects, saving requires a bit of time and cannot be done "in the background" while you're working, so it wouldn't be convenient to interrupt you every now and then for a couple of seconds. But for the upcoming versions we have reworked the storage format towards faster saving and loading, so auto-save will become more of an option.

Thanks for your feedback, and again... sorry for the inconvenience.

Regs,
Kai
Kai Rosenkranz
CEO | Nevigo | LinkedIn | Facebook | Xing | Google+ | MobyGames
Kai Rosenkranz
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Mon 4. Mar 2013, 22:46

I'm glad to know you already planned this feature.
Thank you for your answer and for really good job building best entertainment-design tool ever!
Olloff

Wed 30. Apr 2014, 20:19

Hi guys - just wondering if there has been any advancement on the auto-saving front?

Also, are there any plans to include the ability to comment on work? (ideally something that could also work as a sticky/post-in note tool...)
davetheallthing

Mon 12. May 2014, 15:10

davetheallthing wrote:Hi guys - just wondering if there has been any advancement on the auto-saving front?

Also, are there any plans to include the ability to comment on work? (ideally something that could also work as a sticky/post-in note tool...)

Hey there,

yes to both. A lot of stuff that starts with "auto" (auto update, auto save, auto make cool) will come soon. Regarding the commenting feature: It's a bigger development step, but it's requested heavily by our community, so we've given it a little priority boost in our roadmap. Might probably be one of the next bigger chunks we're working on.

Thanks for your feedback!
-Kai
Kai Rosenkranz
CEO | Nevigo | LinkedIn | Facebook | Xing | Google+ | MobyGames
Kai Rosenkranz
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions