How to prepare xlsx for Articy import?

Mon 22. Jan 2018, 16:29

Hi.
We are using custom localization service for manage text translation and some custom pipeline to import/export data from that service. And Articy plugin could not import XSLS files created by our scripts. One of such files could be downloaded here (https://ufile.io/guwrl) - all fields on place but articy gives error "Please fix the script errors..." without somethings in console.

What's wrong and how to fix?
misterionkell

Re: How to prepare xlsx for Articy import?

Tue 23. Jan 2018, 11:49

Hi misterionkell,

thanks for the sample file. With that I could see what the error is:

Your scripts create Rows that have no Cells (rows 11-539) Some of those cells even specify a cell merge.

This leads to an NullRef when trying to iterate the cells of the row. When opening such a file Excel also recognizes the empty rows (e.g. CTRL+END jumps to row 539 column 4) but truncates them when saving.

Reading the XLSX files in the importer is free 3rd party code. We will check if we could apply a robustness improvement for that.
[Articy] Peter Sabath
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Wed 24. Jan 2018, 08:10

Hi Peter,
I`l upload more one file (https://ufile.io/q9o78) for you - the previous one i`l cut in excel to reduce size (11-539 lines). This one contains 79 rows and right `autofilter` range in excel meta as i see it. Could you check this new file? Is the empty cells (with `` value) could be the problem?

UPDATE: I fix it with moving to ECMA-376 compatible exporter (instead of MS-XSLX spec).
misterionkell

Wed 24. Jan 2018, 11:07

Hi misterionkell,

i have checked your file an now know what the problem is.

The file does not have a so called "Shared String Table" (filename: xl/sharedStrings.xml) and the cells use a "str" type (inline strings) not a "s" type (string index in SharedStringTable).
Tests show that Excel always create a Shared String Table and prefers to use it.

It was easy to fix that in the code, to be robust in that case, but I can't give you a date where we release the next service release of the plugin.
[Articy] Peter Sabath
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Return to articy:draft Unity Importer