HELP: Can't use DialogueFragment and FlowFragment

Sun 16. Sep 2018, 09:51

Dear Community,

I urgently need help with the Articity project. I am not able to create an ArticyDraft Handler as proposed in the documentation.
I am getting the following error:
Assets/ArticityDraft/ArticityDraftHandler.cs(4,14): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `New' does not exist in the namespace `Articy'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

However, I need that New namespace to use the DialogueFragment and FlowFragment.

Here comes the funny part:
We are using Unity Collab for our project. One of the user's actually has this working after rebuilding the project in Visual Studio 2017. Sadly, this option doesn't work for the rest of the team. When rebuilding we receive the message:
Metafile "C:\RLX_MASTER_WORKING\Temp\bin\Debug\Assembly-CSharp.dll" not found.

Does anybody know a solution?
nicolas90

Re: HELP: Can't use DialogueFragment and FlowFragment

Mon 17. Sep 2018, 13:02

Hi Nicolas,

is “New” the technical name of your Articy project?
If this is the case, the problem could be that your local copy of the project does not contain the files which the plugin generates during an import.
When using the Unity Collab feature our plugin will ask you to add the ArticyContent/Generated/ folder to the collab ignore list, to keep the repository clean of files that can get always regenerated by every user on your project. Usually the plugin should automatically perform an import when the export file has changed, but if this somehow didn’t happen in your project you should try a forced full import by clicking in the toolbar on “Articy” -> “Advanced” -> “Force full import of articy:draft export file”.

Best regards,
Chris
[Articy] Christian Schildt
Articy Staff
Articy Staff

Re: HELP: Can't use DialogueFragment and FlowFragment

Mon 17. Sep 2018, 15:58

Hallo Christian,

thank you for your response. I have solved the issue. As you said, it required a reimport of the articy export file: After a right-click on the .articy3d file -> Reimport in the Unity3D project view it started generating the neccesary files and all errors dissapeared. It took me a week to figure that out :D. Maybe this is helpful to the people that also use Unity3D Collab, as it didn't do the auto-generation on any of our team members after downloading the project from the cloud.

BTW: We are using Unity 2018.2.5f1, for anyone that cares. After the reimport of the database file, the Articy-plugin works fine.

Alles Gute,
Nicolas
nicolas90

Return to articy:draft Unity Importer